Date and place
- March 20th, 1800 near the ruins of Heliopolis, ten miles from Cairo at that time, nowadays included into the city.
- French army (nearly 11,000 men) under the command of General Jean-Baptiste Kléber
- Turkish army (40,000 to 80,000 men according to various sources) under Nassif Pasha and Grand Vizier Kör Yusuf Ziyaüddin Pasha.
Casualties and losses
- French army: 600 to 800 killed or wounded.
- Turkish army: 8,000 to 9,000 killed, wounded or prisoners.
Heliopolis was the last victory of the French army in Egypt.