Date and place
- July 25th, 1799 at Abukir peninsula, on the Mediterranean coast of Egypt, twenty-three kilometers northwest of Alexandria.
- French army (11,000 men) under General Napoleon Bonaparte.
- Turkish army (18,000 men) under Seid Mustafa Pasha.
Casualties and losses
- French army: 100 to 150 killed, 500 to 700 injured.
- Turkish armyn: 2,000 killed or wounded, ten thousand drowned, 3,000 prisoners.
Picture - "Battle of Abukir, July 25th, 1799". Painted 1806 by Antoine-Jean Gros.
Photos CreditsPhotos by Lionel A. Bouchon.
Photos by Marie-Albe Grau.
Photos by Floriane Grau.
Photos by Michèle Grau-Ghelardi.
Photos by Didier Grau.
Photos made by people outside the Napoleon & Empire association.