Date and place
- August 1st and 2nd, 1798 in Abukir Bay, Egypt.
- French float (17 ships), under Rear-Admiral François Paul de Brueys d'Aigalliers.
- English float (14 ships), under Rear-Admiral Horatio Nelson.
Casualties and losses
- French float : between 2 000 and 5 000 killed or wounded, from 3 000 to 3 900 prisoners.
- English float : 218 killed, 677 injured.
List of ships:French:
- Le Guerrier- Le Conquérant
- La Sérieuse- Le Spartiate
- L'Aquilon- L'Artémise
- Le Peuple Souverain- Le Franklin
- L'Orient (flagship)- Le Tonnant
- La Diane- L'Heureux
- Le Mercure- La Justice
- Le Guillaume Tell- Le Généreux
- Le TimoléonEnglish:
- HMS Zealous- HMS Audacious
- HMS Goliath- HMS Theseous
- HMS Vanguard (flagship)- HMS Orion
- HMS Minotaur- HMS Defence
- HMS Leander- HMS Alexander
- HMS Swiftsure- HMS Bellerophon
- HMS Majestic(Didn't participate in the battle: HMS Culloden and HMS Mutine).
Map of the of battle of the Nile (Battle of Abukir Bay)
Picture - "Battle of the Nile, August 1st 1798 at 10 PM". Painted in 1830 by Thomas Luny.
Photos CreditsPhotos by Lionel A. Bouchon.
Photos by Marie-Albe Grau.
Photos by Floriane Grau.
Photos by Michèle Grau-Ghelardi.
Photos by Didier Grau.
Photos made by people outside the Napoleon & Empire association.