Date and place
- October 16th to 19th, 1813 near Leipzig, Saxony, Germany.
- French army (190,000 men), under Emperor Napoleon the First.
- Prussian-Austrian-Russian-Swedish coalition (330,000 men), under General Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher, Prince Karl Philipp Fürst zu Schwarzenberg and Jean-Baptiste Jules Bernadotte, Crown Prince of Sweden.
Casualties and losses
- French army : 38 000 killed or injured and 20 000 prisoners.
- Prussian-Austrian-Russian-Swedish coalition : 54 000 killed or injured.
Map of the of battle of Leipzig (Battle of the Nations)
Picture - "Siegesmeldung nach der Schlacht bei Leipzig". Painted 1839 by Johann Peter Krafft.
Photos CreditsPhotos by Lionel A. Bouchon.
Photos by Marie-Albe Grau.
Photos by Floriane Grau.
Photos by Michèle Grau-Ghelardi.
Photos by Didier Grau.
Photos made by people outside the Napoleon & Empire association.