Date and place
- July 22nd, 1812 at Arapiles mountains, near Salamanca, Spain.
- French army (47,000 men) under Marshal Auguste Frederic Louis Viesse de Marmont, Duke of Ragusa.
- English-Portuguese-Spanish coalition (50,000 men) under General Arthur Wellesley, Marquess of Wellington.
Casualties and losses
- French army: 13,000 hommes (6,000 killed or injured (including marshal Marmont and three major-generals), 7,000 prisoners), two eagles, six flags, douze cannons.
- Coalition: 5,100 dead or injured (3,100 British, 2,0000 Portuguese, some Spanish).
Picture - "Battle of Salamanca". Author unknown.
Aerial panorama of the Arapiles battlefield
Photos CreditsPhotos by Lionel A. Bouchon.
Photos by Marie-Albe Grau.
Photos by Floriane Grau.
Photos by Michèle Grau-Ghelardi.
Photos by Didier Grau.
Photos made by people outside the Napoleon & Empire association.