Date and place
- July 19th to 22nd, 1808 at Bailen or Baylen, in Andalusia (nowadays Province of Jaen, Spain).
- French army (20,000 to 24,000 men) under General Pierre Dupont de l'Etang.
- Spanish army (32,000 to 35,000 men) under Generals Don Francisco Javier Castaños Aragorri Urioste y Olavide and Theodor von Reding von Biberegg.
Casualties and losses
- French army: between 2,000 and 2,600 killed, 400 injured, more than 17,000 prisoners.
- Spanish army: 240 dead, 740 wounded or the opposite (according to differents sources).