Date and place
- November 30th, 1808 at Somosierra canyon, in the Sierra Guadarrama, north of Madrid, Spain.
- French army (45,000 men), including Polish cavalry from the Duchy of Warsaw, under Emperor Napoleon the First.
- Spanish army (13,000 men) under General Benito de San Juan.
Casualties and losses
- French army: fifty seven Polish killed or injured (out of one hundred and fifty who took part in the cavalry charge).
- Spanish army: from 200 tp 2,000 killing according to different sources, 16 cannons, 10 flags.