Date and place
- April 22nd, 1809 at Eckmühl or Eggmühl, fifty kilometers north of Munich, Bavaria.
- French army (35,000 men) under Marshal Davout then 100,000 men under Emperor Napoleon the First.
- Austrian army (80,000 men) under Archduke Charles of Austria, Duke of Teschen.
Casualties and losses
- French army: 3,500 to 8,000 killed or wounded, according to the sources.
- Austrian army: 6,000 to 12,000 killed or wounded, more than 4,000 prisoners.
Map of the of battle of Eckmühl - Positions before the battle
Map of the of battle of Eckmühl - Positions after the battle
Picture - "Battle of Eckmühl, April 22nd, 1809 at 06:00 PM". Watercolor painting by Giuseppe Pietro Bagetti.
Photos CreditsPhotos by Lionel A. Bouchon.
Photos by Marie-Albe Grau.
Photos by Floriane Grau.
Photos by Michèle Grau-Ghelardi.
Photos by Didier Grau.
Photos made by people outside the Napoleon & Empire association.