Date and place
- March 9th to 10th, 1814 at Laon, Aisne, Picardy, northern France.
- French army (37,000 men) under Emperor Napoleon the First.
- Prussian and Russian army (90,000 men), under Field Marshal Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher.
Casualties and losses
- French army: 6,000 to 9,000 men and 45 cannons.
- Allied army: less than 4,000 men.
Aerial panorama of Laon battlefield
Picture - "Napoleon and Marshal Ney after the Battle of Laon". Painted 1864 by Jean-Louis-Ernest Meissonier.
Photos CreditsPhotos by Lionel A. Bouchon.
Photos by Marie-Albe Grau.
Photos by Floriane Grau.
Photos by Michèle Grau-Ghelardi.
Photos by Didier Grau.
Photos made by people outside the Napoleon & Empire association.