Date and place
- March 7th, 1814 at Craonne, Aisne, Picardy, northern France.
- French army (37,000 men) under Emperor Napoleon the First.
- Prussian and Russian army (90,000 men), under Field Marshal Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher.
Casualties and losses
- French army: 5,400 men killed or injured, including marshall Victor and the generals Grouchy and Cambronne.
- Allied Army: 5,000 soldiers.
Aerial panorama of Craonne battlefield
Map of the of battle of Craonne
Picture - "The Battle of Craonne". Painted by Théodore Yung.
Photos CreditsPhotos by Lionel A. Bouchon.
Photos by Marie-Albe Grau.
Photos by Floriane Grau.
Photos by Michèle Grau-Ghelardi.
Photos by Didier Grau.
Photos made by people outside the Napoleon & Empire association.