Date and place
- February 11th, 1814 at Montmirail, Marne, Champagne, France.
- French army (16,300 men), under Emperor Napoleon the First.
- Prussian and Russian armies (32,000 men), under General Johann David Ludwig Yorck von Wartenburg and Prince Fabian Gottlieb von Osten-Sacken.
Casualties and losses
- French army: approximately 200 dead or injured.
- Allied army: about 4,000 men dead, injured or prisoners.
Aerial panorama of Montmirail battlefield
Map of the of battle of Montmirail
Picture - "Battle of Montmirail". Painted 1822 by Emile Jean Horace Vernet.
Photos CreditsPhotos by Lionel A. Bouchon.
Photos by Marie-Albe Grau.
Photos by Floriane Grau.
Photos by Michèle Grau-Ghelardi.
Photos by Didier Grau.
Photos made by people outside the Napoleon & Empire association.