Date and place
- May 20th and 21st, 1813 on the Spree river, near Bautzen, Saxony, Germany.
- French army, with additional troops from Wurttemberg, Baden, Hessen, Saxony and Kingdom of Italy (180,000 men), under Emperor Napoleon the First.
- Russian-Prussian army (100,000 men), under Marshal Ludwig Adolf Peter of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Ludwigsburg.
Casualties and losses
- French army: 12 to 15,000 soldier out of combat, 800 prisoners.
- Russian-Prussian army: 18,000 killed, injured or missing.
Aerial panorama of the battlefield of Bautzen
Two views of the Bautzen battlefield, the first from Wurschen, the second from the Windmuehlenberg in Gleina.