Date and place
- March 20th, 1814 at Arcis-sur-Aube, Champagne-Ardenne, France.
- French army (20,000 then 28,000 men) under Emperor Napoleon the First.
- Austrian army (43,000 then 80,000 men) under Prince Karl Philipp Fürst zu Schwarzenberg.
Casualties and losses
- French Army: 1,700 killed, injured or missing, 800 prisoners, 3 cannons.
- Allied Army: around 4,000 men killed, injured or lost.
Panorama of Arcis-sur-Aube battlefield
Map of the of battle of Arcis-sur-Aube
Picture - "Napoleon at Arcis-sur-Aube". Painted by Jean-Adolphe Beaucé.
Photos CreditsPhotos by Lionel A. Bouchon.
Photos by Marie-Albe Grau.
Photos by Floriane Grau.
Photos by Michèle Grau-Ghelardi.
Photos by Didier Grau.
Photos made by people outside the Napoleon & Empire association.