Date and place
- January 29th, 1814 at Brienne-le-Château, Champagne, northeastern France.
- French army (30,000 men) under Emperor Napoleon the First.
- Prussian and Russian army (25,000 men) under Field Marshal Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher.
Casualties and losses
- French Army: 3 to 4,000 men killed, injured or lost.
- Allied Army;: 4,000 men killed, injured or lost.
Map of the of battle of Brienne
Picture - "Battle of Brienne, January 29th, 1814". Painted by Theodore Yung.
Aerial panoram of Brienne battlefield
Photos CreditsPhotos by Lionel A. Bouchon.
Photos by Marie-Albe Grau.
Photos by Floriane Grau.
Photos by Michèle Grau-Ghelardi.
Photos by Didier Grau.
Photos made by people outside the Napoleon & Empire association.