Date and place
- February 1st, 1814 at La Rothière, Aube, Champagne, France.
- French army (32,000 men) under Emperor Napoleon the First.
- Prussian army (170,000 men) under Field Marshal Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher.
Casualties and losses
- French army: 6 to 8,000 men killed, lost, injured or prisoners.
- Allied army: 6 to 8,000 men killed, lost, injured.
Aerial panorama of La Rothière battlefield
Picture - "Battle of La Rothière". Engraved by François Pierdon after a drawing by Henri-Felix-Emmanuel Philippoteaux.
Photos CreditsPhotos by Lionel A. Bouchon.
Photos by Marie-Albe Grau.
Photos by Floriane Grau.
Photos by Michèle Grau-Ghelardi.
Photos by Didier Grau.
Photos made by people outside the Napoleon & Empire association.