Date and place
- February 18th, 1814 near Montereau, Seine-et-Marne, France.
- French army (25,000 men) under Emperor Napoleon the First.
- Austrian and Wurttemberg armies (18,000 men) under Field Marshal Karl Philipp Fürst zu Schwarzenberg and King Friedrich I. Wilhelm Karl von Württemberg.
Casualties and losses
- French army: about 2,000 dead and injured.
- Allied army: approximately 3,000 dead and 3,000 prisoners.
Picture - "Battle of Montereau, February 18th, 1814 - General Gerard in action". Painted by Jean-Charles Langlois, a.k.a. "The Colonel".
Photos CreditsPhotos by Lionel A. Bouchon.
Photos by Marie-Albe Grau.
Photos by Floriane Grau.
Photos by Michèle Grau-Ghelardi.
Photos by Didier Grau.
Photos made by people outside the Napoleon & Empire association.