Date and place
- February 8th, 1807 at Preußisch Eylau (nowadays Bagrationovsk, Russia), thirty kilometers southeast of Königsberg (today Kaliningrad).
- French army (75,000 men), under Emperor Napoleon the First.
- Russian-Prussian coalition (80,000 men) under russian General Levin August Gottlieb Theophil (Leonty Leontyevich), Count von Bennigsen.
Casualties and losses
- French army: between 5,800 and 25,000 men according according to differents sources, including a dozen of generals.
- Allied army: from 20 to 30,000 men.