Date and place
- September 8th, 1796 at Bassano del Grappa, in Venandia (nowadays province of Vicenza, Italy).
- French army (19,500 to 23,000 men) under General Napoleon Bonaparte.
- Austrian army (21,000 men) under General Dagobert Sigmund von Wurmser.
Casualties and losses
- French army: 400 men out of combat.
- Austrian army: 600 killed or wounded, 2,000 prisoners, 30 cannons, 8 flags.
Aerial panorama of Bassano battlefield
Map of the of battle of Bassano
Picture - "Battle of Bassano". Drawn and etched by Louis François Couché son (1782-1849), finished by Edme Bovinet (1767-1832).
Photos CreditsPhotos by Lionel A. Bouchon.
Photos by Marie-Albe Grau.
Photos by Floriane Grau.
Photos by Michèle Grau-Ghelardi.
Photos by Didier Grau.
Photos made by people outside the Napoleon & Empire association.